Sometimes is wery complicated to install power points and to use power adapter on the place where equipment should be placed (as cameras and Wireless Access Points). Solution is to use UTP cables to pass electric power for equipment. Continue reading “PoE”
Sometimes there is a need to reset unknown password on Cisco router, without loosing configuration. It can be done by skipping config file on startup. It can be done by changing registry value from 0x2102 to 0x2142. Continue reading “Cisco Router – Reset/Recover Password”
Sometimes there is a need to reset unknown password on Cisco switch, without loosing configuration. It is not possible on standard way, because – switch is not accessible without this password. Continue reading “Cisco Switch – Reset/Recover Password”
- Divide one physical network (1 switch and 6 PCs) in two separate virtual LANs
- Ports 1 to 10, 21 and 23 should be in LAN 2
- Ports 11 to 20 and 22 should be in LAN 2
- Port 24 should remain in LAN 1
- VLAN 2: PC1 – IP 192.168.0.1/24, Port 1; PC2 – IP 192.168.0.2/24, Port 3; PC3 – IP 192.168.0.3/24, Port 21
- VLAN 3: PC4 – IP 192.168.0.4/24, Port 11; PC5 – IP 192.168.0.5/24, Port 13; PC6 – IP 192.168.0.6/24, Port 22
- The network consists of 8 PC and two switches
- split one physical network in two VLAN (VLAN 2 and VLAN 3)
- ports 1-10 assign to VLAN 2 on both switches
- ports 11-20 assign to VLAN 3 on both switches
- enable communication between computers in same VLAN on different switches
This is an example how to make static routing between two networks: 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24. Connection between two routers is made using serial ports Serial 0/1/0 on both routers.
AS (Autonomous System) is group of networks controlled by one administrator (With common administration), as one ISP or enterprise organisation. According to way how they exchange routes, within an AS or between them, we can divide routing protocols to IGP and EGP Continue reading “IGP vs EGP”
For access to router / switch using aux / auxiliary port with or without modem, we can set password.
For access to router / switch using Telnet we use the Virtual Teletype (VTY) lines. To protect VTY port from unwanted access, we must configure password on this port. Also, if password is not configured and enabled, Telnet access will not be possible.
There is only one console port on all routers / switches, so the mark is console 0. To protect console port from unwanted access, we must configure password on this port: